1 M HEPES, pH = 7.0¶
Contributed by Martin Fitzpatrick, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 M HEPES, pH = 7.0
119.15 g HEPES (free acid) Distilled water Solid NaOH pellets Concentrated NaOH
- Add 119.15 g HEPES (free acid) to a suitable container and make up to 400ml with distilled water.
- Add solid NaOH a few pellets at a time while mixing until the pH is ~6.8
- Add concentrated NaOH dropwise to achieve pH = 7.0
- Add distilled water to a final volume of 500 ml
- Sterile filter and store for later use.
Store at 4oC