1 M PIPES, pH = 6.9¶
Contributed by Martin Fitzpatrick, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 M PIPES, pH = 6.9
151.2 g HEPES (free acid) Distilled water Solid NaOH pellets Concentrated NaOH
- Add 151.2g HEPES (free acid) to a suitable container and make up to 400ml with distilled water.
- Add solid NaOH a few pellets at a time while mixing until the pH is ~6.7
- Add concentrated NaOH dropwise to achieve pH = 6.9
- Add distilled water to a final volume of 500 ml
- Sterile filter and store for later use.