Preparation for microdissection (Paraffin/Frozen)¶
Contributed by Martin Fitzpatrick, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Basic protocol for Eosin & Haematoxylin histological preparation of microdissection slide.
- For paraffin-embedded sections, place slides into fresh xylene to remove parrafin.
- Place slide into fresh xyline
- Transfer slide to 100% ethanol, 95% ethanol, then 70% ethanol; 30 seconds/step
- Transfer slide into de-ionized water
- Transfer slide into Mayer’s Haematoxylin
- Return to de-ionized water to rinse for 15 seconds x2 changing dH20 between steps
- Transfer slide to 70% ethanol
- Transfer slide into Eosin Y
- Return to de-ionized water to rinse for 30 seconds x2
- To reduce brittleness of tissue, place in 3% glycerol in de-ionized water
- Shake and air dry to remove layer of glycerol and water
- Microdissection is best performed in the following 5-10 minutes following preparation. If if tissue dries return tissue to 3% glycerol/water; step #10