DAPI counterstain adherent cells/sections¶
Contributed by Martin Fitzpatrick, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
DAPI counterstain of adherent cells or tissue sections on slides
- Perform all fixation, permeabilization and primary staining of your sample before applying the DAPI counterstain. Fixation or permeabilization is not required to stain with DAPI.
- Wash and equilibrate section in PBS for 5 minutes
- Dilute stock DAPI to 300nM concentration in PBS
- Add 300ul of diluted DAPI per spot to the coverslip. Ensure cells/section is completely covered by the droplet.
- Incubate at room temperature for 1-5minutes
- Place sample in PBS bath, washing 3x for 5 minutes then replacing the PBS.
- Add coverslip with appropriate mounting medium