Cells in suspension¶
Contributed by Martin Fitzpatrick, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
DAPI counterstain of cells in suspension, e.g. for FACS analysis
- Dilute stock DAPI mix to a concentration of 3uM in staining buffer, allowing a total of 1ml per sample.
- Centrifuge cell suspension at 1200rpm for 5 minutes to pellet. Pour off supernatant.
- Tap/agitate to dislodge and re-suspend cells in remaining buffer.
- Add 1ml of diluted DAPI to each sample
- Incubate for 15 minutes at room temperature
- Analyze cells as required:
For flow cytometry leave cells in DAPI solution.
For fluorescence microscopy pellet cells by centrifugation, remove supernatant and resuspend in PBS. Add a drop of cells to a slide and cover with coverslip.