Silica Suspension for plasmid recovery¶
Contributed by Ian Chin-Sang, Queens University, ON, Canada
Silica Suspension for plasmid recovery
- Suspend 2-10 grams of Silica (Sigma S-5631) in 20 mls H2O
- Allow to settle for 2 hours
- Remove milky supernatant and suspend settled silica in 20 mls H2O
- Allow to settle for 2 hours (repeat 3 times)
- Estimate volume and resuspend silica in 2 vols 6M Guanidine Hydrochloride-1M KOAc buffer, pH 5.5.
This method is based, with permission, on an original protocol available here.