Heparanase Western Blotting¶
Contributed by Gordon W. Laurie, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, United States
Heparanase Detection method for Western Blotting
- Generate cell lysates (use ‘Lacritin Affinity Binding of SDC1’ lysis buffer).
- Dialyze lysates overnight against binding buffer (10 mM sodium phosphate, pH 7) and apply to a HiTrap heparin affinity purification (Amersham Biosciences, Piscataway NJ).
- Wash with 10 column volumes of binding buffer, then elute using 5 column volumes of elution buffer (10 mM sodium phosphate, 2 M NaCl, pH 7).
- Determine protein concentration by BCA
- Analyze by 10% SDS-PAGE. Detect HPSE with rabbit polyclonal antibodies directed against human heparanase (kindly provided by Israel Vlodavsky, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel)
- Add HRP-conjugated secondary antibody and ECL.
This method is based, with permission, on an original protocol available here.