Michel’s fixative for immunofluorescence¶
Contributed by Martin Fitzpatrick, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Michel’s fixative for immunofluorescence
- Pour 100mls distilled water into a suitable container
- Add 0.81g potassium citrate
- Add 0.0625g N-ethylmaleimide (Handle with care)
- Add 0.123g magnesium sulphate to prepare stock solution.
- Before use add 55g ammonium sulphate and mix thoroughly to dissolve.
- Adjust pH to 7.0-7.2 with 1M KOH.
- Place tissue in fixative for 24-48hours
- Wash tissues in buffer 3x for 10 minutes
- Freeze tissues at -70’C until ready for use
This method is based, with permission, on an original protocol available here.