8% Paraformaldehyde for Immunofluorescence¶
Contributed by Luke Hammond, QBI, The University of Queensland, Australia
8% Paraformaldehyde for Immunofluorescence
- Add 16g paraformaldehyde to approximately 160ml water in fume hood.
- Heating on setting 4.5 whilst stirring to 50ºC.
- Once temperature reaches 50ºC, 1M NaOH until the paraformaldehyde is just dissolved.
- Make up to final volume of 200ml with water, pH to 7.2-7.4.
- Filter with 0.22µm filter.
- Aliquot in 5ml tubes, label and freeze.
This method is based, with permission, on an original protocol available here.